TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By accessing the materials on the SailWeek Academy web site, you agree as follows:
This document governs your contract relationship with the SailWeek Academy. SailWeek Academy is the part of Sail Week Croatia LTD whose registered office is located at 21 Park Court, Park Road, Uxbridge UB8 1NL, United Kingdom.
Please read the following general terms and booking conditions carefully and completely before you make a booking.
By using our services and taking advantage of these, you expressly agree to these general terms and booking conditions. If you do not accept these terms and agreements, you are prohibited from the use of all our services, including the use of our website and the services offered there.
2) Definitions and interpretation
In these Booking Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
- "We", "Us", "Our" - SailWeek Person named on the application form
- "You", "Your" - Person named on the application form
The headings used in these Booking Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and shall have no effect upon the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
Words imparting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa and references to any gender shall include the other gender. A contract exists upon receipt of the booking deposit by SailWeek Academy
3) Making a booking
To make a booking you must complete the application form on our website. With the completion of the application form you agree to the following explicitly:
- All “terms of reference" on our web pages are to be understood as an invitation to make an offer (invitatio ad referendum).
- By completing and submitting the application form an offer to conclude a contract will be sent to SailWeek Academy.
SailWeek Academy will contact you as soon as possible to:
- confirm the availability of your reservation
- to inform you about the final price of the booked services
- to name the due date for the payment of the deposit and
- to send a detailed payment plan.
4) Prices and payment
Until the final confirmation of your booking we reserve the right to change the total price of your services. Any such price change is communicated to you without delay. We reserve the right to correct cost errors subsequently.
Immediately after the confirmation mail a the first instalment becomes due. The first installment must be paid within 48 hours of the receipt of the invoice.
SKIPPER ACADEMY - BASIC
Total price: 1,000.00 EUR -
- First instalment: 200 EUR (48 hours after getting your confirmation mail)
- Second instalment: 400 EUR (during the April course)
- Third instalment: 400 EUR (during the May course)
SKIPPER ACADEMY - ADVANCED
Total price: 700.00 EUR -
- First instalment: 200 EUR (48 hours after getting your confirmation mail)
- Second instalment: 500 EUR (during the course week)
Total price: 450.00 EUR / 400 EUR - Special student discount
- First instalment: 250 EUR / 200 EUR (Special student discount) (48 hours after getting your confirmation mail)
- Second instalment: 200 EUR (due 2 weeks prior the course in May)
Payments can be made via Credit/Debit MasterCard/ Visa or bank transfer. SailWeek Academy does not store, nor does it have access to, your credit card information, bank account numbers, or other account data sent to those processing services.
5) Changing or canceling your booking
Our services are always carefully planned in advance, but it may happen that small aspects of your booking are to change at short notice in order to best implement your booked services. We will inform you of such changes.
If major changes of the booked services will be required, you will of course be informed as soon as possible about it. As “serious" considered changes on the place of service or the time.
Cancellation by SailWeek Academy
The SailWeek Academy is entitled to cancel your reservation at any time without giving reasons. In case of a cancellation after this paragraph you will be refunded all costs. Alternatively you have the option to choose another booking of the same type and quality.
The is entitled to cancel your reservation without any refunding, if you breach any of your contractual obligations from this document.
We are entitled to cancel your booking without any refund, if circumstances beyond the control of the SailWeek Academy will make the fulfillment of the booked services impossible. Such circumstances may be dangerous weather conditions, fires, natural disasters, war or acts of terrorism. This list includes only control samples and does not claim to be exhaustive.
1. Cancellation by you
If you decide to cancel the bookings, you have to inform us as soon as possible of your decision. Your booking will not be canceled as long as SailWeek Academy has not received your cancellation in writing.
2. Reimbursement arrangements
Customer satisfaction is very important to us. Therefore, we always strive to address your concerns individually and treat them to your complete satisfaction. We will still point out the subsequent reimbursement arrangements:
- If you cancel your booking with us up to 50 days before the contracted service period, we will refund all sums already paid minus a cancellation fee of € 50.00.
- In case of late cancellations no reimbursement takes place. The total amount is less expenses incurred.
In the case of the preceding paragraph, however, it is possible to pass on the booked services to a third party in accordance with the requirements and arrangements of this document and prior to explicit approval by SailWeek Academy. Without this explicit permission the service is limited to the Party only and the provision of services to third parties is hereby rejected.
6) Passport and Visa
We expressly point out that the procurement of valid and sufficient travel documents such as passports, vaccination certificates, visa, etc. are the sole responsibility of the traveler.
SailWeek Academy can not accept any liability for damages, which are derived from faulty travel documents.
7) Travel insurance
We do not provide travel insurance or similar services. With your reservation you declare expressly against SailWeek Academy that you have sufficient and valid travel insurance, which covers the services booked. We expressly point out that we oppose the provision of services to uninsured individuals. In case of a lack of insurance, we assume no liability for any resulting damage.
You shall ensure that your personal health insurance covers the particular risks associated with the booked service and also has validity for claims abroad. Sailing is considered by many health insurances as a risk sport and evaluated separately. Should you be unaware of the scope and coverage of your health insurance policies, we strongly recommend an appropriate consultation with your insurance company prior to the booking. We expressly point out that we oppose the provision of services to uninsured individuals. In case of a lack of insurance, we assume no liability for any resulting damage.
SailWeek Academy does not accept liability for participants traveling without adequate insurance coverage.
8) Your behavior during the Academy
If your behavior is a
- threat to you or others,
- causing an injury to life or limb,
- violating any local or international laws or
- evokes public unrest or annoys passengers continuously
- or is likely to result in the above points, SailWeek Academy can cancel your reservation immediately and without any refund claims.
This can, among other things, cause your skipper meanwhile to terminate the work and you have to leave the agreed yacht at the next available port.
9) No Damages
SailWeek Academy shall not be liable for any damages or injury of any king caused by any error, omission, delay, computer virus, unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use relating to this site or any other site.
10) Images and video
With your reservation you allow us to use photo and video material from the trip, to which your booking relates, for marketing and promotional purposes. You allow SailWeek Academy to collect and use these recordings. This for every legitimate purpose which is related to the core business of SailWeek Academy.
The finished pictures can be changed, combined or otherwise processed. All rights regarding the manufactured image and sound material are expressly and exclusively with SailWeek Academy. The rights to your own image, enter insofar irrevocably to SailWeek Academy.
If you do not agree with the above regulations and do not want to appear on the aforementioned media of SailWeek Academy, you have the possibility to indicate this by e-mail over the SailWeek Academy. We ask such entry at least two weeks prior to travel and stating your name, address and telephone accessibility and deposit quoting the booked trip.
11) Miscellaneous Terms
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice by posting a new or revised set on this web site. Any disputes arising out your use of this site or these terms and conditions shall be governed and controlled under and subject to English law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Cookies are text files of a small size, often encrypted, that a website stores on a computer or other device when accessing the website. Cookies may store the identification of the user that visited the site and the places that were navigated.
When you revisit the site the cookies may be read in order to identify the user and to set the preferences and browser settings for that user.
- This site uses the following third party cookies:
- Technical cookies. These cookies are used to provide certain certain functionalities such as keeping track of the user's input when filling online forms, keeping track of the items the user has selected by clicking on a button, securing the service, storing technical data needed to playback video or audio content or integrating social plug-in modules.
- Analytics cookies (Google). These cookies are used to analyse the visits made, places and times of website navigation. The cookie information is transmitted to and stored directly by the analytical providers on their servers. These cookies are used anonymously and to prepare website trend reports without identifying individual users.
You can set your browser to refuse or accept cookies, or set the browser so that cookies are automatically deleted once you close your browser, computer or device. You may change your cookies settings in browsers as follows:
- Google Chrome Settings > Privacy > Content Settings > Cookies
- Firefox Preferences > Privacy.
- Internet Explorer under Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced.
- Safari Preferences > Privacy.